Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I need a...

...haircut.
Seriously, my hair is looooong. I have always had long hair, and by always I mean at least the last ten years, but it is starting to get out of hand. Through my college years I went for long periods of time between cuts because I had always gone to the same woman for my cut and that woman was back home. I was too chicken, and really indifferent, to bother going out and finding someone new to take care of my hair for me.

It's been at least six months since the last time I had my haircut and I am thinking that not only is it time for a trim, but perhaps a shearing. I love my long hair, it's been good to me and in general it behaves the way I want it to. But, and I know this is a mom answer, I just don't have time for it anymore. My hair is naturally curly/wavy, which means that if I want to wear my hair the way that I prefer (straight) we are looking at like an hour prep time. That's from washing to straightening. Clearly something needs to change.

So I am thinking of cutting some/a lot off. Around the shoulders, maybe even a little above. I am hoping that if I have half the hair it will take half the time to wrangle it into submission. I'm also thinking I will need to find a new stylist to do this, things need shaking up in that department too. We'll see what happens, remember, I'm a chicken.

2 comments:

jessica @pianomomsicle said...

i understand if you feel you must get a haircut, but seriously, i saw those pictures and couldn't stop thinking "What beautiful hair!" Really, your hair is gorgeous. i know it's a pain, but how many moms do you know that have beautiful hair? i'd hold on to it if i were you, at least to hold up the average of moms with good hair:)

Pregnantly Plump said...

Your hair is so pretty, but I can't imagine having to straighten it everyday. I have a friend who tried a Japanese straightening perm (I think that's what she called it.) She was happy with it, but I'm not sure how she handled the roots when they started growing out curly. It was also expensive.
I have super straight, boring hair, and typically it's cut fairly short. I love my short 'do, but I know it's not for everyone. Can't wait to see how the cut goes!
I LOVE your son's hair! So, so cute.