Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunny Sunday

Okay, so I just finished uploading all of the pictures I intend to use for this post and realized that, erm, there are lots. But hey, I went to the zoo today with the kiddo and hubby and there were just too many good ones (imo) it was hard to choose.

It was soooo nice to get out and enjoy the nice weather and just enjoy the company of my own little family unit. We are slowly recovering from the moving process and having the last two days together has really helped us all recuperate in general. Today though was momentous, it was the first time in a long time that I actually looked forward to something. With everything going on with the move I didn't realize what a hole I had gotten myself into mentally. So today, was great.

Knowing how much I had been looking forward to taking MR to the zoo as soon as location and weather permitted, BL had suggested it as our weekend activity. This is why he is a good husband, among many other reasons. So we got ourselves out the door around noon and took the MR to the Oregon Zoo.


I suppose I had envisioned that MR would be a little, okay a lot, more enthralled by all the beasties since he has shown such enthusiasm for our local wildlife (cats and dogs). The reality was that he didn't seem to notice them at all, if you need proof just look at his expression. I think he really was just so overawed by everything that was going on around him. It was a beautiful day and the zoo was packed. So he spent the majority of the visit just quietly looking around. Everytime we took a break or got into a quiet section he returned to his usual chatty self, regaling those who would listen with his day's adventures.

Regardless of MR's interest level with the animals it was still a fun trip, it got us out of the house and gave us a fun opportunity to spend some quality family time together. And MR got a monkey hat out of the deal too, so nobody really lost.

The rest I will just leave to pictures, mostly because I am tired and out of words to spin a story around them. I am going to bed with a lighter heart though, we are still adjusting but today reminded me of all the reasons we're doing this.



1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Such great pics! I'm glad you had a nice family day together! The last pic is so cute, I just love his expression.