Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Round and round

So I am managing to post this from home because I am directly connected to my modem. Nice. Not nearly as fancy as wireless, and still not the desired outcome... but then I haven't broken down and bought a new router, so who's to blame really?

We celebrated and early Mother's Day today for my mom so that I can have tomorrow all to myself. The kiddo managed to deliver flowers to gramma with nary a petal smushed or plucked. Quite the feat really.


He also had his first ride on a carousel. Though the whole experience lasted all of ten minutes it really made the whole day. Which is saying quite a bit because the rest of our day was filled with some very two year old moments. *Sigh*. He really did love the 'horsies' though, he named his own Dan. Not sure why. He enjoyed telling it to "Gi-yup" and shouted a few yee-haws. Who knew that these things became fun again once you were a parent. Once again I am reminded how fun the little things are, of course even more so when experienced for the very first time.

Skyler also made me a lovely Mother's day present, with some assistance, at his daycare. His teacher said he was quite enthusiastic with the paintbrush during the creation process. Now just to see what grows.
Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

I know, huh. It's fun too do it all again thru your kiddo's eyes. :) SO glad you had a fabulous mother's day, girl...we had a few of our own meltdowns...=/ but it was still a wonderful day!!!!

kristine said...

Very cute! Graycen loved the carousel when she went on it for the first time. I wish we could do it all the time.
You're too cute!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Happy Mother's Day!

2 year olds... They're marvelous and terrible. Thankfully, their completely joyful approach to new, fun things overrides the frustration you feel when they are completely furious about something else.

Pregnantly Plump said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! I'm glad he liked the carousel. We tried when Little Elvis was around a year old and it scared him so much that I've not had the heart to try it again.