Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Friday, January 9, 2009

Worst week ever

Perhaps I shouldn't claim this past week as the worst week ever, as things can inevitably get worse and I know there are plenty out there with much greater problems than mine. But right now, here in my own little piece of this world, it was the worst week ever. And it has yet to end. The daycare thing is still horrible, though I do take comfort from the words of those who have been there before and tell me it will get better. For now though daycare means dropping my crying child off into the arms of a relative stranger every effing morning and walking away to his shouts for Ma feeling like the worst mother ever. Not my idea of a great way to start the day, and just one more added horror to this cruddy week. To add salt to my wounds my grandma is in the hospital. She went in early this week with a complaint with her stomach and they ended up finding a circulation problem with her leg which threatened to leave her with no choice but amputation if it didn't improve. Fortunately the last few days have seen improvement, but for a while there I was teetering on the brink of meltdown while considering this and realizing that in the midst of the week of my husband's starting his new job and our child entering daycare I would need to make an emergency flight to North Carolina. A pregnant lady can only take so much. Even with the knowledge that she is doing better and will hopefully leave the hospital sometime next week I am still so on edge. The next few weeks are only going to be variations of the same as we adjust to our new schedule and MR (hopefully) adjusts to his new daycare. But really, this sucks.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I don't have any advice. I just wanted to say I'm thinking about you and tell you to hang in there. It will get better and it will be okay. *hugs*

Unkempt Mommy said...

{{hugs}}
I hope your little one gets adjusted soon and your grandma keeps improving!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Sorry you had such a rough week. I'm glad your grandmother is doing better, and I think the daycare thing will get better.