Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No GD for me!

I found this out a few days ago, I just have been too busy to mention it. They did an early test for gestational diabetes at my last appointment since I did have GD the last time around. The nurse called me the next day with the great news that I cleared it this time! I was so excited, I really have been making a concerted effort to make this pregnancy different than my first. Having an active toddler to chase and no longer working from home makes a difference, but I also know that my eating habits changed a lot following my bout with diabetes when pregnant with Skyler. So wheeee! no needle pricks and glucose testing for me!

*On a side note, thanks for all the kind hellos for my last post. It feels good to be out in the open:)

5 comments:

Soupy said...

YAY for no GD!!!! I have a few weeks til my test, but hope it's the same news...........
thanks for the comment today (:) - I appreciated it!

Ann(ie) said...

oh you lucky lucky lucky girl!!!!! This GD diet is a bugger!

LutherLiz said...

Congrats on not having GD and thanks for delurking! I look forward to reading more!

Pregnantly Plump said...

So glad you didn't get it this time around! That's definitely something to celebrate.

The Burp Cloth Babe said...

Good for you!!!!! Hooray!