Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Friday, July 31, 2009

Things I am not looking forward to

I like this picture of the Mason monkey because you can really see how blue his eyes are. It's crazy to have this little blue eyed boy, he looks just like his daddy.

Things are bumping along around here. We are currently down to just one kiddo as our big boy went out to the family cabin with his Nana, Pa and aunt and uncle. Without us. It's great for him, because he is having a blast with lots of Skyler only time. It's a bummer for us because nothing sounds better than being on the lake with sunshine and our boy. Sigh. It's all in part to preparing for this upcoming week when Andy will be gone the entire week for business in New York. Leaving me and the two kids to fly solo. To say that I am terrified is an understatement. So having Skye off my hands for a couple of those days will be helpful. Still, I miss my big boy and I wish I was there with him. I also wish that I didn't have a week of solo parenting ahead of me. Not all wishes come true apparently. So aside from the fact that I blog less in general now, I likely will be completely AWOL this next week as showering will be a monster accomplishment, let alone finding internet time.

2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

You can DO IT! I have gone solo many a time, and it only gets easier. Once you figure out the logistics of doing it all yourself, it actually ends up being easy in some ways. There isn't anyone to EXPECT help from, so you aren't EXPECTING it. Does that make sense? Good luck. You'll be just fine. :)

Pregnantly Plump said...

Good luck with your solo parenting time! We haven't had to do that too often, but it always went much better than I thought it would. Little Elvis seemed to understand that it was just us, he behaved better and slept better for me during the times Bob was away.