Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Friday, February 29, 2008

A very good place to start

At the very beginning, that is. I've decided to start this blog because I need an outlet. I have had and kept a "friends and family" blog for my little boy (MR) for almost a year now, something I have truly enjoyed and will continue to do. But. I am ready for something a little different. I feel that I have so much more to say about being a mom and living my life as one that I don't necessarily want to share with my family. I am sure that I am not the only one who feels leery at the idea of their aunts, and in-laws, etcetera being privy to their inner-workings as a mother. I like to think that I am open with my family, but still, there has to be a line. So I find myself here, wanting and needing to write about what really goes on in the background of my child's milestones and daily life. Whether I find people who want to read this isn't really the point, I think it's just time I tried exercising my own voice.

No comments: